Letter to IRS to transfer contact information/ ownership of EIN

You are here


Simply replace the unfilled areas such as "[]" and "[date]" with your information.

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is [Name] and I am the new [position] of the [Organization].  Our Employer Identification Number (EIN) is [EIN].  Our former [position], [name], is no longer available and I will now be handling all IRS and tax matters for the organization.

Our organization would like to continue using this EIN number.  This number has already been established.  We use this number for all of our financial and tax related concerns.  In order to do so, the existing number's ownership and contact information needs to be transferred into my name.  I would appreciate your assistance in this matter.  

Our current and former information is listed below.  If you have any questions, you can contact me at [phone] between the hours of [time] and [time].

CURRENT: [Current Contact Information]

FORMER: [Former Contact Information]



E-Mail This Letter